Model and Texture A Game Asset - Full Process
WHAT ARE WE MAKING?
Watch the trailer: https://youtu.be/4WcRsBe3Yxc
Free Chapter: https://youtu.be/t42CAfMscL4
Hey Tutorial heads, this time we are making a game-asset (an optimized mesh rendered in real-time).
We will start from scratch and create a high resolution Sub-D model first. Afterwards we will transform it into an optimized game mesh and create some UVs. Then I will show you how to create amazing textures with Substance Painter and render our crate in real-time using Marmoset Toolbag.
We even make a little holographic animation at the end to make our asset more interesting.
- Using SubD modeling to create the High Resolution model.
- Converting out High Poly model into a Game-ready mesh.
- UV Mapping and getting the most out of our UV space.
- Baking Normal Maps with Substance Painter.
- Adding Textures and Decals with Substance Painter
- Using Marmoset Toolbag to Render out Sci-Fi Crate in realtime.
- Making a Holographic Animation inside of Toolbag.
[ABOUT THIS PRODUCT]
Duration: over 10 hours of video recordings.
Speed: The entire tutorial runs at normal speed. No time-lapses or accelerated video.
Audio Commentary: Real-time commentary for everything (English).
Software used: Maya (Modeling), Substance Painter (Baking and Texturing), Marmoset Toolbag (Real-time Rendering).
Additional Assets: Final Marmoset Toolbag scene including the Crate and all necessary textures.
DO NOT RESELL THE INCLUDED ASSETS
Report any issues to armoredColony@gmail.com
- Added my Hotkey and Script files to the tutorial, so you don't need to download them from Gumroad anymore.